My Top 10 Thrifting Tips

Hey, y'all! I hope that you guys are doing well and staying healthy during this crazy time. As stores are starting to open up again, I wanted to share with you guys my favorite thrifting tips. I'm just going to hop right into those, and I hope you guys find this to be useful 😊. 

1. Don't avoid the "grandma" section.
Now, this is actually one of my more recent tips, as waist-length/ cropped cardigans have become super popular lately. I have found some super cute ones in an area of the thrift store that my generation tends to avoid 😂. You can find some awesome stuff that people have simply passed over. Here are some of my inspo pics from Pinterest for this section:

2. For finding the optimal pair of mom jeans: First, you're going to want to know what brands you're looking for. My recommendations are Levi's (my personal faves), Wranglers, Lee Riders, and Calvin Klein. This second tip is only if you go down the path of Levi's, but make sure you pay attention to the style number on the little tag on the back. The best mom jean styles are generally 501, 505, 515, and 565. Okay, now for my third tip, you want to make sure the jeans that you are looking at have a good high waist, especially if you can't try them on. You are going to want anywhere from a 11-13 inch rise depending on how long your torso is. 
3. Find thrift stores in really nice, wealthy areas if possible.
You can find awesome things at any thrift store, but I have found that if you can find a thrift store in wealthier areas, you can find some really nice things, a lot of the times with the tag still on. 
4. Don't get discouraged.
Give yourself time to learn how to thrift, and don't expect to be an expert on your first trip. It can take a while to get really good at it. Also, you have to go to several stores before you really know where to go to find what you're looking for. If you only find a couple of items or even nothing at all, don't feel bad. 
5. The men's section is where it's at.
Graphic tees, polos you can crop, oversized denim jackets, oversized regular jackets, sweatpants, even sometimes awesome vintage boyfriend jeans... need I say more? The majority of stuff that is in style to be thrifted is going to be found in the men's section. 
6. Don't be afraid to upcycle.
The amazing thing about thrifting (other than saving a ton of money on clothes!) if being able to customize the things you buy. If you don't already know how, YouTube can teach you how to sew a button or crop a shirt. Those things are really simple and can really change up a piece that you found. 
7. Memorize the pocket designs of your favorite jean brands.
A lot of brands of jeans will have a specific design on the back pockets of their jeans or a noticeable patch/tag on the back. This will make looking for a specific type of jeans a lot easier as you can simply flip through the racks. 
8. Wear the proper gear.
I would recommend wearing leggings and a t-shirt and some shoes that are easy to slip off. you don't want to make trying on clothes too difficult and time-consuming. 
9. Figure out what day your thrift store restocks.
This is the day that you will probably find the best things because nothing will have really been picked over yet. 
10. Look at the racks with random clothes on them. 
These racks are probably items that the store has just gotten in, and haven't sorted through yet. These items have most likely not been picked over and you can find some really great stuff. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this. Stay safe and wash your hands. ❤




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I feel about the ENTP (as an INFJ)

How I feel about the ENFJ (as an INFJ)

The Signs That an INFJ Likes You